Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and lovers from coast to coast are getting ready. Here’s an infographic built using data from 400 Facebook and MySpace users that might give you insight into love in America, circa 2011.
It’s a good thing we posted this infographic today, because 36% of you plan to celebrate Valentine’s Day this weekend, probably tonight. Have fun!
Buried in the data are some interesting anomalies, too. For instance, notice that 16% of the single people have their current relationship status on Facebook as “dating,” “engaged” or “married.” On the other hand, 0% of the married respondents called themselves “single.” Good move, fellow married people — you know what’s good for you.
- Social Networking Americans’ Valentine’s Day Plans [INFOGRAPHIC] (mashable.com)
- Americans Valentine Day [Infographics] (globalthoughtz.com)
- Americans and Valentine’s Day – How They’re Loving (or Not) – Infographic (lab42.com)
- Interflora Valentine’s Day survey infographic (interflora.co.uk)
- A Reality Check This Valentine’s Day: Would You Marry You (your-story.org)
- A Social Media Valentine’s Day (penn-olson.com)
- Great Ideas for Men Valentines Day 14 Feb (socyberty.com)
- To Celebrate or Not to Celebrate Valentine’s Day (chicagonow.com)
- Top Anti-Valentine Sites, Apps, Pages & More! (thoughtpick.com)
- Valentine’s Day Survival Guide (psychologytoday.com)