News flash, the online networks are increasing daily through social media outlets such as Facebook and LinkedIn. Well this is not exactly breaking news in fact these social media gorillas have member increases by the minute. Each day the number of users worldwide that login to Facebook and LinkedIn are increasing. It was estimated not long ago that Facebook had over 350 million users, probably closer to 400 million by now and LinkedIn with over 50+ million users to date. If your business is global you can sure bank on increasing foreign numbers as well considering roughly 70% of Facebook users come from outside the US.
There are many reasons to set up a Facebook Fan Page or a LinkedIn profile to act as a bridge to contacts, consumers and friends all over the world. Setting up a business fan page on Facebook and creating a LinkedIn profile allows at the very least for people to find you or your website through back linking. When you’re able to create an online presence and marketing buzz you create momentum and drive traffic to your website. This is a goal that can be reached when you use these social media tools. Depending on your target market or your business you can determine which one works best but you should certainly set up both accounts. Here are some reasons you should consider.
- 10 Ways to Maximize LinkedIn for Personal Branding (kylelacy.com)
- How LinkedIn Apps Can Promote Your Business (socialmediaexaminer.com)
- LinkedIn Profile Secrets – The #1 Reason Why Your LinkedIn Profile Fails to Attract More Prospects (fastgush.com)
- What 29% of My LinkedIn Connections Did (ariherzog.com)
- LinkedIn Skills Launches, Brings Real Knowledge Search to LinkedIn (e1evation.com)
- LinkedIn: A Small Player Tests the IPO Waters (dailyfinance.com)
- Which IPO Are You Buying – LinkedIn Or Pandora? The SAIcast Weighs In (businessinsider.com)
- What LinkedIn Users Must Know to Explore Facebook – Part 1 (rocktheworldbook.com)
- LinkedIn Adds Five New Features (blogs.vinuthomas.com)
- LinkedIn Continues to Add New Ways to Customize Profiles (ipwatchdog.com)